Apply for position
Location: Durbanville, Western Cape, South Africa
Hetzner is seeking a technology-driven and service-passionate Devops engineer to join our high-performing Devops team. This is an exciting opportunity to join South Africa’s leading hosting company and work on platforms and systems that need to cope with large scale and intensive performance and reliability demand.
As part of this team, you will have the opportunity to:
• Join a self-organising team that takes ownership of their product delivery.
• Agree with your team members which projects you get to work on.
• Flex your skills in system design, coding, process-engineering and Linux server administration or a subset of these.
• Contribute back to open source projects
• Open source enthusiast
• One or both of the following with a willingness to cross-skill:
o Linux system administration
o Software design and coding (Ruby is an advantage)
• Fast learner
• Keen to positively contribute to continuous improvement within a self-organising team environment
Qualifications and Experience:
The most important aspect is that you are able to show a track record of high quality software feature releases, substantial Linux server/platform engineering, state-of-the-art software engineering practices, etc.
A BSc Computer Science on top of the above will be an advantage.